Network ports not working when in range extender mode.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-07 11:05:35
Model: TL-WR840N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 4.16 v0001.0 Build 180614 Rel.40494n

When I enable Range Extender mode on my router, I can successfully extend the WiFi range but things plugged into the LAN port don't appear to be assigned an IP nor show up on the network.

I have a wireless router connected to the internet in room A.  I have TP-Link router in room B that has no Ethernet cable running between them.  I have devices physically plugged into the TP-Link router's LAN ports in room B.  I don't actually need WiFi range extending, I just need to be able to have the Ethernet connected devices show up on my home network.

Of the options available, Range Extender sounds like the closest to what I need.  However, when I enable it, all of the devices plugged into the router fail to show up on my home network, only devices connected via WiFi do.

The physically connected devices show up fine if the router is in Wireless Router mode, and any WiFi connected devices to that router show can see the devices connected via LAN ports so I know all of the devices, cables, etc. are working properly.

What do I need to do to make it so the router can allow devices connected to its LAN ports to show up on my already existing home WiFi network?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Network ports not working when in range extender mode.
2022-04-07 12:01:08

@MicahZoltu 

Try with upgrading the router's FW to the latest release.

Look for the correct HW version when upgrading the FW - check that on the bottom sticker.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 580

Replies: 1

Related Articles