Archer C50 - Incomplete Client List

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-07 23:09:09
Model: Archer C50  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 0.2 v0001.0 Build 210222 Rel.54113n(4341)

I have an Archer C50 operating as a WiFi router.  It is connected to a Cable Modem on the WAN side, and the LAN port is connected to a DLINK 24 port ethernet switch (DGS-1100-24).  There are three TP-Link Wireless APs  (EAP245) connected to the Dlink switch which handles all my WiFi traffic

In the web interface for the Archer C50, I am unable to see a complete list of all my wired and wireless clients.  In particular, I do not see the TP Link APs, which are a wired connection.  This is a problem, as I cannot connect to the APs to configure, since I do now know their IP address. 

Note that the Archer C50 is the only device assigning IPs through DHCP.

It seems I have the latest firmware on the Archer C50.

How can I get the complete list of wired and wireless clients connected to my network?

Thanks,

Andrew

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer C50 - Incomplete Client List
2022-04-08 06:15:08

@achronox 

First make sure that you're withe the latest FW release for your C50 (there's a newer version on the support portal).

DHCP Clients List shows only devices with DHCP obtained IP addresses:

Are you sure that your EAPs are set to obtain their IP addresses dynamically ? They could be with static IP addresses and that would be the reason they're not in this list.

If that's not the case you could use an app like 'Angry IP Scanner' which can scan your LAN and you'll find your EAPs IP addresses, then set them with static for easier management.

If you want to go further in optimizing your network (since you already have three EAP245) you can check the Omada solution which can give you a highly scalable, all controlled from a single interface, anywhere, anytime mesh network.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-04-08 16:33:23

@terziyski 

I'm sure my EAPs are set to dynamic IPs.  I was able to find their IPs with the "Angry IP Scanner" - thank you for the suggestion, however, I still do not understand why the Archer C50 does not list them in its Client list.

It seems to me that this is a SW bug in the router and should be fixed.  When do you intend to fix this bug?

Note that I already have the latest Firmware, as I see in the portal that the latest build is "Archer C50(CA)_V6_210222", and I already have build 210222 installed.

Options
2022-04-08 17:03:57 - last edited 2022-04-08 17:04:25

@achronox 

I don't know if that's a SW bug - this should be addressed by TP-Link.

Apparently you're with the Canadian FW region - that's the only version on the support portal.

For example in EU region there's a newer FW version but the cross region FW updates shouldn't be possible.

You can contact your local support to be advised further on that matter.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-04-08 17:22:34

@terziyski Sorry, I though you were with TP Link - thanks for the help!  I will contact my local support.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 455

Replies: 4

Related Articles