Selecting a channel on Deco M9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-09 22:32:15
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Considering the price, I initially thought I had bought a decent wifi mesh system until I tried to get it to its full potential.

Now, everyone else's wifi networks in the neighbourhood are on the same channel as this astonishingly dumbed down Deco system. Or better yet, Deco chose the same congested channel that everyone else was already using. Why?

A stupid automatic choice of channels was one thing, but why on earth can I not select a free channel manually?! Deco's automation is definitely not up to the task, so why not allow users to fix your shortcomings?

For a system so expensive, you'd think that the users would be allowed to set up the system so that it actually works.

Fix this now.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Selecting a channel on Deco M9
2022-04-10 00:28:10 - last edited 2022-04-10 00:30:21

botato wrote

Now, everyone else's wifi networks in the neighbourhood are on the same channel as this astonishingly dumbed down Deco system. Or better yet, Deco chose the same congested channel that everyone else was already using. Why?

@botato 

I, too, have TP-Link Deco M9 Plus. When I check WiFi networks in my neighborhood, with WiFi analyzer, it tells me different story.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 286

Replies: 1

Related Articles