ER7206 Multi WAN IP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ER7206 Multi WAN IP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
ER7206 Multi WAN IP
ER7206 Multi WAN IP
2022-04-10 15:27:50
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0

Hi,

I have FTTP with Zen in UK and im considering ordering multiple IPs for this connection for multiple hosts on the network but before I do im struggling to see how I could have the ER7206 utilise multiple WAN IPs on the PPPoE connection.

I can see the One-to-One NAT option but this shows it only takes affect when WAN is in Static IP mode however to connect to most FTTP connections in the UK these still use PPPoE.

The line from Zen does provide a static IP but I cant connect using the Static IP mode it must be PPPoE (unless im doing something wrong there).

Does anyone know how I can make use of a static IP range from my provider, when using PPPoE connection mode on the ER7206 please?

Many Thanks

Slingz

Options
2 Reply
Re:ER7206 Multi WAN IP
2022-04-11 08:05:23

Dear @slingz 

Currently One-to-One NAT can only work with static IP. I will report your requirement to D&R department.

Regards

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:ER7206 Multi WAN IP
2022-04-13 18:50:47

@slingz 

Have you tried configuring multiple WAN interfaces with the same PPPOE credentials?  I know with my FTTH provider here I can get one IP via the first PPPOE login, and I get the sequential public IP with a second login.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1247

Replies: 2

Related Articles