Icmp requests and ipv4 priority when ipv6 is enabled

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-18 13:22:53
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Latest

I figured those questions were probably already asked, since I couldn't find related threads I am asking again.

1) how to enable icmp requests? At present ICMP is filtered and I found no indication of ICMP configuragion anywhere on the router's interface

2) how to set ipv4 as priority over ipv6 when they are both enabled ? As much as we want to move on to the next internet protocol, putting ipv6 as priority makes no sense experience-wise and only serves as an additional delay between me as a client and https or other servers etc. so I really want to switch the priorities, as a home grade device setting  ipv6 under priority as default by the router is annoyingly nonsensical and reflects poor in depth design by TP-LINK considering the target audience imho.

I'll be happy for answers regarding the two. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Icmp requests and ipv4 priority when ipv6 is enabled
2022-04-18 14:33:40

@bnetanel 

1)

2) I don't believe there's a setting for IPv4/IPv6 priority in the WegGUI. If you're not comfortable to have them both at the same time just disable IPv6.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options