Networks wont show up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Networks wont show up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Networks wont show up
Networks wont show up
2022-04-22 03:39:37 - last edited 2022-04-22 03:41:03
Model: Archer TX50E  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I'm very shallow in PC building and networking so I'm sorry if I ask you to elaborate on any answers.

Specs:

MB: MSI B450 Mortar Max

Adapter: Archer TX50E AX3000 Wifi-6

I bought the Archer TX50E after I found out my MB didn't come with wifi. After I have installed it to the motherboard and the drivers (through the website, haven't used the disk), no networks show up. The adapter seems to have Wifi + Bluetooth, and after installation, the Bluetooth works as it shows in device manager (only the bluetooth) and the option for airplane mode and mobile hotspot now appears but whenever I click on 'available networks' nothing appears except for my Ethernet which I have been using for the time being (got a wifi adapter because the modem can only be near the computer temporarily as there is a printer in the household that needs the ethernet cable as well, the computer is in another room).

I have tried with the Ethernet unplugged so that there is no internet connection, but no networks appear. I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers. I have tried placing the card into another slot. I have tried twisting the antennas, moving the modem right next to the antennas. Restart/shut down the computer. If I dare troubleshoot, it only tells me that the Ethernet cable needs to be plugged in and doesn't acknowledge the card. I don't know any more fixes I can possibly make. 

Is it possible the adapter isn't compatible with something in my system? Is it faulty? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Networks wont show up
2022-04-25 06:03:57

Hello   @caliw35 

Thank you for reaching out to us, it is recommended to check if the adapter hardware has been recongized or not. 

- Please go to This PC/ Computer> Computer Management> Device manager/ Other Devices and see if tp-link adapter Intel AX200 available under Device manager or Other Devices
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2240/

-disable other adapter except for tp-link adapter

- try to install the latest  Intel driver for the Bluetooth adapter : 
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/189347/-Wi-Fi-6-AX200
- upgrade the BIOS for the computer-> Check the model number of the motherboard-> go to motherboard manufacture website to get the latest Bios  
How to check driver version of TP-Link adapters and system information of your computer?

If still the same , may I have a photo of the computer system info , the current driver version? If check the status of adapter in Device manager, is it working properly?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 189

Replies: 1

Related Articles