Connect two Archer ax20 via lan for wi-fi extension

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-23 20:43:22
Model: Archer AX20  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.5

Hello dear community! 

I have bought two Archer ax20 and i want to use one as master and one as slave for better wi-fi range. I can and want to connect them via utp cable (Lan) for better internet speed performance. Can i do this with this router? And if yes can someone please help with the setup configuration.

Thank you! 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Connect two Archer ax20 via lan for wi-fi extension
2022-04-24 09:16:10

@Trunks04 .

Use this guide (Case 1) for configuring the second AX20 in AP mode.

Connection between the two routers should be AX20 (in router mode) LAN port => AX20 (in AP mode) WAN port

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-04-25 12:23:05

@terziyski thank you so much for the quick response and for your easy to follow explanation. 

I did what you said and it worked but now i have two separate wi-fi networks. I tried to name them (SSID) the same but it didn't work. I still see them both. Is there a way for both routers to emit the same network id (SSID) and my phone, tablet, laptop to switch automatically between the most better connection, when I move for example from the living room to the bedroom?

Thank you!  

Options
2022-04-25 13:03:48

@Trunks04 

As matter of fact you can name the SSIDs the same on both devices. But you're not gaining anything by that.

Let me explain:

Depending on your devices they always will try to switch automatically between the most better connection, when you move for example from the living room to the bedroom - no matter what name you set as SSID.

I even would advise you to name them differently - thus you'll always know to which of the two AX20s you're connected at any moment and switch to the better signal SSID if necessary.

I would recommend to turn off the Smart Connect feature on both devices as well.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 495

Replies: 3