M7350 stuck on 'Connecting'

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-26 17:44:22
Model: M7350  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

My M7350 has been working well for many months but recently it randomly stopped working without any interference from me. After turning it off and on again it would not connect to the 4G or 3G network. It will just display the message 'Connecting' indefinitely. It still responds to button inputs but will not start the WiFi hotspot and so I cannot connect the web-management page. I have used the SIM card in this device for many months without significant problems and it still works when I transfer to another device. I have also tested another working SIM in the M7350 with the same results. I have turned the M7350 off and on again and also reset the device several times with no change.

Is there anything else which can be done?

Options
3 Reply
Re:M7350 stuck on 'Connecting'
2022-04-27 02:34:49

@jimplosion 

Hi, thank you very much for the feedback.

You mean "Connecting" disaplays on the screen, but the M7350 doesn't broadcast any WiFi signal, thus you are unable to see its WiFi on any client device, right?

Is there a WiFi icon on the screen? If not, please press the power button to see if WiFi icon will appear on the screen.

In addition, when you reset the M7350 to factory defaults, did you press and hold the reset hole? normally if the reset works, you will see "Restoring" and then "Succeed" on the screen, please try the factory reset again and confirm if you see them.

Options
2022-04-28 08:57:43

@Sunshine 

Thanks for getting back to me.

You mean "Connecting" disaplays on the screen, but the M7350 doesn't broadcast any WiFi signal, thus you are unable to see its WiFi on any client device, right?

This is correct.

Is there a WiFi icon on the screen? If not, please press the power button to see if WiFi icon will appear on the screen.

I have done this. Pressing the power button just toggles the screen on and off. I dont know if there is something I am missing here? Regardless there is no WiFi icon or signal.

In addition, when you reset the M7350 to factory defaults, did you press and hold the reset hole? normally if the reset works, you will see "Restoring" and then "Succeed" on the screen, please try the factory reset again and confirm if you see them.

I have reset the device again and seen the "Restoring" and "Succeed" messages, but there has been no change to my problem.

I suspect this is a hardware problem which I understand may be impossible to fix, however one thing I forgot to mention is that I did manage to receive an SMS which suggests to me that at least the M7350 is receiving some kind of signal. I will test this again when I can to see if I can replicate this.

Options
2022-04-28 09:12:32

@jimplosion 

Hi,thank you very much for the reply.

If still no WiFi icon on the screen, please connect a Windows computer to the M7350 via USB cable to see if USB connection works, and you could also try to login the web interface of the M7350 via USB connection. If you are able to login, you could check the WiFi Settings and Internet Dial-up Settings.

For USB connection, refer to: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/758/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 781

Replies: 3

Related Articles