Good Wi-Fi system for a large house with Ethernet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-28 06:44:02 - last edited 2022-04-28 12:01:19

Hi

For my Two-Storey 6-rooms solid brick & concrete wall house, I am looking for a good Wi-Fi system. I have Gigabit Ethernet in every room in the house, so backhaul is not a problem. Currently I am using 4 separate TP-Link Wi-Fi routers which are turned into access points. Connection with Samsung Phones & iPad are spotty and not seamless roaming between rooms. Any recommendations?

I am considering TP-Link Deco X20 or Netgear Nighthawk Whole Home Mesh WiFi 6 because they seem to provide Ethernet backhaul. I saw suggestions to use Ubiquiti Access Points or Ruckus, I am not aware how they work, do you need special controllers to configure the APs in the house.

Google & NEST Wi-Fi are double the price in Amazon India. Google/Nest & Amazon's EERO are also not officially sold in India. I don't want to have any home automation or smart speakers (think Alexa or Google) features, even if they are there, I will be turning them OFF.

Any recommendations?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Good Wi-Fi system for a large house with Ethernet
2022-04-28 16:04:26

@FranCruzarianic 

If you want good WiFi coverage in every room, buy six Deco X20, put one per room and connect each to Ethernet. I can't speak for other brands of WiFi mesh, but if all you need is good WiFi coverage, seamless roaming, simple way to utilize Ethernet backhaul - Deco is a good choice.

For more technical info in regard to Deco X20 deployment with Ethernet backhaul, see General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 282

Replies: 1

Related Articles