Deco m9 keeps disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-30 06:32:50
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version:

Hi everyone,

i recently purchased 3 Decos m9 to create a powerful wifi mesh in my new house. I am using one as a router connected directly to the ISP router. The main deco is also connected to a switch that is connected to all the house grid with ethernet rj45 connection points in all the rooms.

The other 2 decos are connected directly to the ethernet points in 2 different floors.

For some reason the second deco in the floor right above the main deco, keeps disconnecting, and this happens several times a day. The top floor one and the main deco work just fine.

any advice? Could it be faulty and needs changing? It is brand new, got the pack this month.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco m9 keeps disconnecting
2022-04-30 14:14:49

@Lewis87 

There may be issues with your Ethernet wiring, or your switch is not compatible with Deco mesh protocols. More about it here: General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco.

Deco M9 Plus is tri-band WiFi mesh system with strong wireless backhaul. I have them in my house. You can do simple test to find if the issue is with Ethernet wiring/switch. Disconnect your Satellite Deco from Ethernet, the one that is "the second deco in the floor right above the main deco." Let it establish WiFi backhaul to Main Deco. Check in Deco app, if it has strong WiFi link to Main Deco, under Signal Source.

Here is example from what I see in my Satellite Deco M9 Plus:

It so happened, my Satellite Deco is on the second floor, right above first floor Main Deco M9 Plus. As you can see, signal strength of WiFi connection between them is excellent.

If your second floor Satellite Deco has good or excellent WiFi connection to Main Deco, give it a bit of time to see if your Deco mesh stabilized and second floor Satellite Deco no longer disconnects.

I suspect this is what will happen, i.e., Deco mesh will become stable after that change. 

Options