Sony OLED crashing router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-14 22:25:22
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have a Sony OLED (XRA80J) that is hardwired to the main Deco X55 that is routing. It worked for a few days and then the router crashed and x55 turned red.  Finally discovered that unplugging the Ethernet to the tv fixed the router (led back to green). Tried new cables. Factory reset Deco. Factory reset tv. Still same issue. Anyone seen this before?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Sony OLED crashing router
2022-05-15 22:40:22 - last edited 2022-05-16 12:54:47

@nitsuj007 

I have Sony TV 4K (different model than yours), haven't seen anything like that. It is wired to my Main Deco since day 1 of Deco mesh at my house.

I wonder if perhaps your TV Ethernet port failed. You can check that with the help of Satellite Deco: bring it to TV and connect them by Ethernet cable. 

Options
2022-05-15 22:55:13

@Alexandre.  I'll give it a try and follow up. Thanks for the suggestion 

Options
2022-05-17 12:45:51

@Alexandre. 
Yesterday morning I moved a satellite Deco and plugged tv Ethernet in to it.  Light stayed green on routing Deco and everything worked. I then plugged tv Ethernet back into the routing Deco and the light stayed green and internet worked.  Then last night the network stopped working. Deco router light was red. This morning I unplugged the TVs Ethernet cable and the router light immediately turned green and the network is now working.  We use Rokus and Apple TV's for streaming so I'm leaving the Sony OLED offline for now. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 374

Replies: 3

Related Articles