Deco M9+ AP problem accesos point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-17 17:24:04 - last edited 2022-05-18 00:50:47
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

With my new router I have changed the access mode of my deco M9plus to access point and unfortunately the speed has been reduced by half. And I've seen around here that it's a problem that has not had a solution.

Options
3 Reply
Re: Deco M9+ AP problem accesos point
2022-05-18 15:46:50

@JLChip 

How do you measure the speed with Deco M9 Plus and what is your Internet speed?

If you use "Test Internet Speed" in Deco app, there is known issue with reporting, not with actual speed. It manifests when Internet speed is gigabit.

For Deco M9 Plus and Deco M5, in Access Point mode, the speed reported by "Test Internet Speed" in Deco app is never over 550Mbps. This is obviously a bug in reporting, because device connected by WiFi to Main Deco M9 Plus can get over 600Mbps in good testing conditions. Device connected by Ethernet cable to Main Deco M9 Plus gets gigabit speed, as it should.

Options
2022-05-18 19:36:13

@Alexandre. Thanks for answering
I measure the speed with SpeedTest and Deco test
Until yesterday I had a 1Gb fiber connection and today they installed a new router and I have 10Gb
Obviously I am aware that I am not going to reach the 8Gb that I have achieved with a 10Gb card directly to the Router. But I hope to get higher latency results.
and I prefer in this case to do it as an access point, instead of a router.
and in this case, all the tests done, fail to reach 500Mb and as a router if they reach 800Mb both downstream and upstream.
I have to say that I have done tests connecting to the M9plus in the 2 types of ethernet (1Gb and 10Gb) and the results do not vary. And also the stability in all the areas covered by the M9plus is correct. Reaching into the furthest device and connecting the Laptop via Ethernet to the M9plus, I have achieved 200Mb... Which is very good...
a greeting

Options
2022-05-18 20:49:45

@JLChip 

Deco M9 Plus has gigabit Ethernet ports. You will not get speeds faster than gigabit with Deco M9 Plus, even if it is connected to 10Gbps router.

This is what you should expect to see for speedtest results:

On laptop with gigabit Ethernet port connected to Main Deco M9Plus Ethernet port by Ethernet cable: up to 960 Mbps (wired)

On device connected by WiFi to Main Deco M9Plus running in Access Point mode: up to 650 Mbps (wireless)

Also, make sure you use Ookla Speedtest app installed on laptop and mobile device, not speedtest.net web page in a browser.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 169

Replies: 3