Disabling button reset to factory

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-18 21:55:18
Model: TL-WR841N  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

YO have the TL-WR841N router that was provided to me by an internet company in my area where i live. I stopped hiring their services and stayed with the router. I try to reset it to return it to its factory state but the reset button does not work i imagine that the company deactivated said reset button. Is there a way to reset the router without the reset button?

Thanks for the help. Greetings

Options
1 Reply
Re:Disabling button reset to factory
2022-05-19 11:06:13

@JASV 

Press and hold this button for more than 5 seconds to reset the router to its factory default settings.

Use a toothpick or a paperclip for that purpose. Press it until you hear/feel a click.

The reset button can't be deactivated unless it's been altered by the ISP (highly unlikely) or the router is faulty.

The other way to reset to factory defaults is to use the router WebGUI:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 365

Replies: 1

Related Articles