Wireless rage extender seems to cause problems for wired LAN internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wireless rage extender seems to cause problems for wired LAN internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-07-29 06:22:43
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WA850RE

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : Not sure

ISP : BT Infinity

I set up the extender using WPS and it worked fine for a few days doing its job perfectly. Then I noticed that the internet on my 'home' PC which is connected by Ethernet cable directly to the router intermittently stopped working which hadn't happened before. However, strangely, the wireless devices (tablets etc) connected to the wireless network still seemed to be fine and were able to connect to the internet with no problem. Turning the extender off and on seemed to solve the problem. Throughout the whole time the blue lights on the router indicating that the internet and wireless functions were working remained on. Is there any way that the wireless extender could cause the loss of internet connection through an Ethernet cable? I'm not particularly tech savvy but it seems odd that a wireless range extender should interfere with the wired connection-.surely they are separate entities? Any advice appreciated. Thank you.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Wireless rage extender seems to cause problems for wired LAN internet connection
2013-07-29 21:36:31
You just found a solution, Turning the extender off
find your timing 730 Ver2 needs reboot every 3 days
Once you find it 1.2 or every third day
Reboot your 830 manually or from your smartphone, and surf the web flawless
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 621

Replies: 1