M7200 Update ISP and Firmware fails

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-28 11:24:12
Model: M7200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.0.3 Build 210324 Rel.1004n

Hello,

Please help me with the following issue.

I want to update the ISP-version of the M7200 (from 20101501 to 21082501), because of internet connection problems with the provider Lebara. I downloaded the most recent version of ISP, however then the software says: "Update failed. The update file may be damaged."

Then I downloaded the firmware update 211117 (I hoped maybe this could resolve the beforementioned problem), but with 4 or 11% of the update process completed it says: "Update failed. The update file may be damaged."

What can I do? Please help.

Best Regards,

Maurice

Options
1 Reply
Re:M7200 Update ISP and Firmware fails
2022-05-30 08:15:22

@MauriceM15 

Hi, thank you very much for the feedback.

I just tried the same firmware update and the problem didn't happen.

Do you mean the internet doesn't work with Lebera SIM card due to APN profile issue? If so, it is recommanded to create the APN profile manually on Advanced->Dial-up->Dial-up Settings page to see if internet will work fine.

Regarding the ISP file update and firmware update issue, please try to delete the previous downloaded files, try to download it again from the following website:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/m7200/v3/#Firmware

And you could also try different computer to update the firmware or ISP file, and try to connect Windows computer to M7200 via USB connection instead of WiFi to see if it makes any difference. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 727

Replies: 1