DHCP not through wireless - Multiple vlans & SSID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-07-29 16:30:22
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WA801ND

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : 3.13.20 Build 120524 Rel.70125n

ISP : BT

Hi There,

I have a Draytek 2830n router configured with 3 vlans (1 - management, 10 - corporate, 20 - guest) this is connected to a netgear switch in a trunk port with all vlans. I can get a DHCP address from each of the vlans on the access ports configured on the netgear switch. I have another trunk port configured for the TP-Link WA801ND with all vlans tagged just as i have from the draytek to the netgear. I have then configured 3 SSID each corresponding to a vLan as mention before. I cannot get a DHCP address when connecting to the WLAN, yet if i ping from the TPlink each of the dhcp servers on the vlans i get a response, and if i give a static ip address to a pc i can access the vlan im connected to depending on the SSID. So the network is working, but no DHCP coming through?

Any assistance most welcome

Kindest Regards

Byron
Options
2 Reply
Re:DHCP not through wireless - Multiple vlans & SSID
2013-07-30 17:56:59
Do not set multi VLAN on Draytek router and connect it to one port of switch.
For example, connect your Draytek router to Port 2 and connect the corresponding SSID from TL-WA801ND which is in a same VLAN with port 2.
To see whether your laptop can obtain IP address by DHCP.
Options
Any solution to this problem?
2016-07-06 12:32:01
Hi architect85,

Did you find a solution for this problem? I am having exactly the same problem.

Region : US
Model : TL-WA801ND
Firmware Version: 3.16.9 Build 151217 Rel.76391n
Hardware Version: WA801ND v3 00000000

I bought this AP because I wanted to use this feature (Multiple SSID with VLAN support) and it is very frustrating that it doesn't work

Regards
--
Rodolfo
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 920

Replies: 2