No internet access on wireless connection when enabling the ARP spoofing defense

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

No internet access on wireless connection when enabling the ARP spoofing defense

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-07 02:18:37 - last edited 2022-06-08 04:02:27
Tags: #Load Balancer TL-480+
Model: TL-R480T+  
Hardware Version: V9
Firmware Version: 9.0.2

Hello! 
I connect a ARCHER C9 router that supports wireless connection on our Load balancer TL-R480+.  

In the Load Balancer settings, when i enable the ARP Spoofing Defense in Mac Binding , the wifi Devices cannot access the Internet.

However, I already bind the mac and ip addresses of those wih Wifi devices.  

Is there any best configuration to allow the devices with wifi to access the Internet while enabling the ARP Spoofing Defense?

Because we always receives a tons of  Ping of Death attacks everyday

Pls. Help me! 

Thanks smiley

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:No internet access on wireless connection when enabling the ARP spoofing defense -Solution
2022-06-07 05:51:31 - last edited 2022-06-08 04:02:27

@mexu 

supposedly, you should use it in access point mode. do not create multiple nats(routers) in a single network. ip-mac binding, this should be happening on te r480

arp spoofing works for any devices. mac is on layer 2 and ip is on layer 3. but you need to write down or copy the mac address of every single device you have and put an ip for them. everything is manual if you gonna do that. and on your device, you cannot use a static ip and put another value(ip) there but dynamic ip only. 

you are gonna restrict the network by this arp spoofing and eventually your network is kind static. 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:No internet access on wireless connection when enabling the ARP spoofing defense
2022-06-07 02:21:41

@mexu 

what's the mode on your archer c9? access point or router?

what are the wan/lan ips for your archer c9?

your arp spoofing, what are binded? 

is that necessary for you to bind all ip and mac together? r480 got its own firewall which can protect you from wan attack. 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
Re:No internet access on wireless connection when enabling the ARP spoofing defense
2022-06-07 04:57:10 - last edited 2022-06-07 04:58:30

@Tedd404 
Thank you so much for the quick response! :D

My Archer C9 is on router mode,
DHCP on automatic,  the gateway is different from  the load balancer

Should I change it to Access Point? 

all the wired and wireless device are binded already...  

it is very necessary for us to bind all ip and Mac together to detect those unknown Ip's  .. sometimes i can see some unknown ip with same mac address to other devices...
and also if spoof defense is on it helps to minimize the Ping of death attacks... 

Is the Arp Spoofing Defense feature can only cater on wired devices?  

Options
Re:No internet access on wireless connection when enabling the ARP spoofing defense -Solution
2022-06-07 05:51:31 - last edited 2022-06-08 04:02:27

@mexu 

supposedly, you should use it in access point mode. do not create multiple nats(routers) in a single network. ip-mac binding, this should be happening on te r480

arp spoofing works for any devices. mac is on layer 2 and ip is on layer 3. but you need to write down or copy the mac address of every single device you have and put an ip for them. everything is manual if you gonna do that. and on your device, you cannot use a static ip and put another value(ip) there but dynamic ip only. 

you are gonna restrict the network by this arp spoofing and eventually your network is kind static. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-06-07 10:08:42

@Tedd404 
Gotcha! I'm using the access point mode and it worked, laugh

Thank you so Much!!! 

Options
2022-06-08 00:05:29

@mexu 

great. you can make it a solution. so it's helpful for othersyes

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 414

Replies: 5

Tags

Load Balancer TL-480+
Related Articles