Wireless extender showing 0 Clients

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-09 21:09:58
Model: TL-WA855RE  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hi there

I've set the tl-wa855re up as an extender and cloned the SSID of my Virgin Superhub, the only issue I'm having is, I'm not sure if its actually working. Allow me to eleborate.

The TP-Link is connected to the router fine, it has the SAME SSID as the router. But when I log in to the GUI of the tl-wa855re, it's showing 0 clients connected. Is that normal for a wifi extender? IF I change the SSID to something different like "homewifi_ext" and connect the laptop to it, sure it will display 1 connected client. But I don't want two SSIDS in the house, just the one.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wireless extender showing 0 Clients
2022-06-10 20:04:26

@RaptorNet 

Because the SSIDs are with the same name, you can't tell to which device you're connected at any monet - whether it's the VM Hub or the RE.

That's probably the reason for seeing '0' clients on the RE, you probably has been connected to the VM Hub.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 794

Replies: 1

Related Articles