PS3 not doing speed tests randomly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-07-29 23:14:37
Region : Canada

Model : TL-WR841N

Hardware Version : V8

Firmware Version : 3.13.33 Build 130506 Rel.48660n

ISP : Teksavvy Cable

I am using a TL-WR841N router with the most up to date firmware. uPnP enabled, I set the MTU manually on the router after doing a ping test to get the right numbers for it. I am using Teksavvy Cable in Markham, ON, Canada. I am able to connect to games easily and I don't see much if any lag in the games.

The issue I am encountering is in the PS3 system UI I run a connection test and sometimes everything goes smoothly, then other times it will stop on NAT Type 2 wait a minute or 2 then stop the test before doing the speed test portion and inform me my router does not support ip fragments and I should contact the router manufacturer.

I am trying to solve this as it seems to be random. Sometimes without even resetting the router, modem or restarting the PS3, 2 tests will be fine and the 3rd gives me the error.

I just want to ensure everything is running as fast as it can and smoothly, as I have gotten some complaints that I am lagging (most likely my upload speed) which I assume is being affected because of this error I am getting.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 276

Replies: 0

Related Articles