Cannot access development webserver on LAN X80-5G

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-17 03:44:09 - last edited 2023-02-20 08:06:35
Model: Deco X80-5G  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1

I have just changed from another router to a Deco X80-5G.

Everything (internet access, WiFi, etc.) works as expected, except I cannot access a webserver running on a PC machine on the LAN from my Mac.

I can ping the PC machine from my Mac.

I can RemoteDesktop to the PC machine from my Mac.

I can access the webserver from a browser on the PC machine.

I cannot access the webserver from a browser on my Mac.

I cannot traceroute to the PC machine from my Mac.

I have tried port forwarding, but it does not help.

This was working before I upgraded to 5G router.

How can I diagnose the problem and/or access the webserver running on PC from my Mac?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Cannot access development webserver on LAN X80-5G
2022-06-17 07:55:31 - last edited 2023-02-20 08:06:22

@CHM 

Hi, you mentioned that it was working before you upgraded to 5G router, may I know if you were using the same SIM card on previous 4G Router? and what is the model number and hardware version of your previous 4G Router?

Besides, are the PC machine and MAC both connected to Deco X80-5G directly? and both via WiFi? Is any of your other devices in the same network able to access the web server on PC machine?

By the way, please confirm your Deco X80-5G is NZ-V version or EU version, and what is the firmware version?

Options
Re:Cannot access development webserver on LAN X80-5G
2022-07-08 03:09:12 - last edited 2023-02-20 08:06:22

@Sunshine 

Sorry, I did not get notified of your reply and I've only just stumbled on to it.

The router I was using before was a Spark fibre router (DLink I think). So not a Deco and no SIM card.

The Deco is new. X80-5G NZ-V version (although I can't find that anywhere - I'm in NZ). Firmware is 1.0.0 Build 20210913 Rel. 66883

The problem exists whether both the Mac and PC are on wireless, or the Mac is on ethernet (wired to Deco) and PC is on wireless. I have no other wireless extenders, just the Deco.

I thought that maybe the problem was that the development website was on port 44300, but I have reconfigured it to port 443 and still cannot access it from my Mac.

I have the IP address of the PC in my hosts file, and attempt requests to https://squid/

This URL works from a browser on the PC, but not the Mac. curl on Mac shows the correct IP address, but does not get any response. traceroute on Mac shows the correct IP address then just shows * * *

I don't see any firewall type interface in the router, either on iPhone app or web interface.

Would the Deco really be blocking a simple https request?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 19121

Replies: 2

Related Articles