Ports not working, no lights at all, unable to reset to factory settings (TL-ER7206)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Ports not working, no lights at all, unable to reset to factory settings (TL-ER7206)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-17 12:52:48
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Got this unused TL-ER7206 initialized and linked to the Omada controller, after a day got these issues, I've noticed that all ports on TL-ER7206 were not blinking at all, to cut the story short, decided to do the reset to factory options, after several attempts on the reset button, pressing it for 5-10 mins, got unlucky and was not able to reset the appliance.

Kindly share your thoughts if you have similar issues, and how you come up with the resolve.

Appreciate your comments and feedback here, Guys!

Many Thanks.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Ports not working, no lights at all, unable to reset to factory settings (TL-ER7206)
2022-06-19 08:23:21

@Microely 

I am here as mine has done exactly the same thing.  Left it without power for 30 mins then plugged it in. Pressed the reset button and now seems to be working. 

Options
Re:Ports not working, no lights at all, unable to reset to factory settings (TL-ER7206)
2022-06-20 06:11:00

Dear @Microely,

Microely wrote

Got this unused TL-ER7206 initialized and linked to the Omada controller, after a day got these issues, I've noticed that all ports on TL-ER7206 were not blinking at all, to cut the story short, decided to do the reset to factory options, after several attempts on the reset button, pressing it for 5-10 mins, got unlucky and was not able to reset the appliance.

Could you please check whether the LED option is checked on your Omada Controller?

If it's disabled, the LEDs will be off on your ER7206 gateway.

BTW, no need to press the reset hole for 5-10 minutes to factory reset the ER7206 gateway, 5-10 seconds would be enough.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-11-18 19:04:10

@Microely I'm having this same problem.  All ports on the device have stopped responding.  I can't login to it at all.  I've tried switching cables out, different devices connecting to it, full factor reset.  When the factory reset happens, all lights on the ports light up, then they shut off and never come back on, no matter what you have plugged into them.  The sys light is blinking steadily, but none of the ports are live.  Thoughts?  

Options
2022-11-21 03:53:30

Dear @cberkley,

cberkley wrote

@Microely I'm having this same problem.  All ports on the device have stopped responding.  I can't login to it at all.  I've tried switching cables out, different devices connecting to it, full factor reset.  When the factory reset happens, all lights on the ports light up, then they shut off and never come back on, no matter what you have plugged into them.  The sys light is blinking steadily, but none of the ports are live.  Thoughts?  

Try following the guide below to recover the firmware and see if it helps.

How to use the Emergency Mode to recovery the firmware for Omada Gateways

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options