Archer C20 Starts dropping packets after only a few months of use

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-28 20:10:31
Tags: #packet drop
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 0.9.1.4.17

When these units are new there are no dropped packets. After a few months of use they start dropping packets as shown by ping plotter.

All tested using the same internet connection and same laptop. I can only assume this is a hardware problem and I now have at least 3 or 4 out of 10 or so units doing this.

It doesnt make a difference if I reboot the router or factory reset the router or firmware or anything I tried. Once they start doing the "packet drop" that's it for life.

So I tried a similar d-link product (DIR-819) and now one of them are doing the same. What can we do. While these units are in the $40-$50 range, is there another brand or model we could try as having that many with the same issue is a little disconcerning because who buys these only to use them for a few months and then scrap them....

Here is a properly working C20

Here is an improperly working C20:

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 176

Replies: 0

Tags

packet drop
Related Articles