TP-Link WA801N "Discover DHCP service failed"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-01 05:22:17

I have a TP-Link WA801N and for about a year it would work on and off as an access point, but last month it had been working fine for a while until it was not working for a family member and they turned it off and on again, after that it stopped working for about a week until I changed its function in the configuration menu from an access point to a range extender, then it worked for about 5 days and stopped again, I changed it back to an access point and it worked for a day, now it hasnt worked for two days no matter what I do.

The log is full of "Discover DHCP service failed" entry every minute or so, I have tried factory resetting it, changing its function, changing it from Smart DHCP to static IP, disconnecting it, restarting it, turning of DHCP and turning it on again, nothing will get the connection back. The TP-Link itself has all lights on and seems to be working fine, it is outputting the signal but is failing to provide internet at all.

Any help appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link WA801N "Discover DHCP service failed"
2022-09-02 10:25:23

DustyYTC wrote

I have a TP-Link WA801N and for about a year it would work on and off as an access point, but last month it had been working fine for a while until it was not working for a family member and they turned it off and on again, after that it stopped working for about a week until I changed its function in the configuration menu from an access point to a range extender, then it worked for about 5 days and stopped again, I changed it back to an access point and it worked for a day, now it hasnt worked for two days no matter what I do.

The log is full of "Discover DHCP service failed" entry every minute or so, I have tried factory resetting it, changing its function, changing it from Smart DHCP to static IP, disconnecting it, restarting it, turning of DHCP and turning it on again, nothing will get the connection back. The TP-Link itself has all lights on and seems to be working fine, it is outputting the signal but is failing to provide internet at all.

Any help appreciated.

ahmdbwd592@gmail.com  @DustyYTC 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 810

Replies: 1

Related Articles