Deco M5 "Incorrect Password" message when trying to login to WiFi from any of my devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 "Incorrect Password" message when trying to login to WiFi from any of my devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-01 23:00:07
Tags: #M5 Incorrect Password message
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.7 Build 20210819

Today I bought and set up a brand new 3 Unit Deco M5 Mesh WiFi Whole Home System.

Apart from the Android Phone I have the TP-Link App installed on, (to set up and control the system), I cannot connect any of my other devices to the Mesh WiFi Network... when I try, I get a message saying that the password I have entered is incorrect (which it isn't)

However, when I turn on the Guest Network, which has no password, all of my devices connect to the Mesh WiFi Network just fine (and to the internet too).

The Network isn't secure when used in Guest Mode, so if I can't get the System to work as advertised as a pasword secured network, it's of no use to me and will be going back to the retailer for a refund.

What is causing this false "Incorrect Password" message and how do I fix the problem?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M5 "Incorrect Password" message when trying to login to WiFi from any of my devices
2022-07-02 13:46:52

@kbal 

What you described points at issues with password you selected. Often, it is special symbols, blank space, etc. The common troubleshooting technique is to choose simple weak password and see if that works. If it does, review original password for what could be a problem and choose strong password that does not include problematic symbols.

Have you already figured why your original password does not work, or do you still need help with that?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 269

Replies: 1

Tags

M5 Incorrect Password message
Related Articles