I need a ADSL/VDSL modem for my router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-06 06:04:58
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6 Build 20190822 rel.26396(4555)

Hello

I am trying to replace my PlusNet hub one router.  I bought a Archer AX6000 Next-Gen WiFi 6 Gigabit Dual Band Wireless Cable Router but find I need an ADSL/VDSL modem.  Can you give me some advice as to the best way to get my TP-LINK router working?

Options
1 Reply
Re:I need a ADSL/VDSL modem for my router
2022-07-06 21:15:49

@mantonelli01a 

You have two options:

1. Since PlusNet hub one doesn't support bridge mode, you can enable its DMZ to your AX6000 LAN IP address and set its DHCP server pool with only one IP address for AX6000.

Disable its Wi-Fi to reduce the wireless intereference with AX6000. Connect AX6000 WAN port (with Dynamic IP) to PlusNet hub one LAN port.

2. If you want to replace your PlusNet hub one, you can use TD-W9970 (If you're on ADSL/VDSL) or Openreach Huawei HG612 (if you're on FTTC fibre) in its place in bridge mode and connect it to AX6000 the same way as in previous scenario (with PPPoE connection).

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 284

Replies: 1

Related Articles