One deco unit not opening WiFi connection even though it shows solid white light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

One deco unit not opening WiFi connection even though it shows solid white light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-11 08:05:57
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.4 Build 20220113 Rel. 38349

I have 3 deco m4 v2's in my network, and are connected via ethernet backhaul. The main deco is connected to deco 2nd, which is then connected to deco 3rd:

main => two => three

I'm having problems with the third unit where although it shows a solid white status light, it does not show any WiFi connected on client devices. I'm not sure what the issue is. 

I have tried resetting the deco and adding it back but having no luck. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:One deco unit not opening WiFi connection even though it shows solid white light
2022-07-11 14:01:51

@putrevu 

Is is possible you may have defective unit that does not broadcast WiFi signal, for example because of broken antenna.

I would recommend the following troubleshooting steps to figure that:

1. Disconnect Deco 3 from Ethernet cable, bring it to where Main Deco is, power Deco 3 on. Do you see it in Deco app, online, and using WiFi backhaul? If you do, check what it says under its Signal Source and if both WiFi bands are listed there. Example:

If you only see one band, 2.4 GHz or 5GHz, then antenna might be broken. If Signal Source signal strength is very weak, even when Deco 3 is side by side with Main Deco, it is indeed hardware problem within Deco 3.

2. Link three Deco back with Ethernet cable, but swap Deco 2 and Deco 3: main => three => two

Do you see devices connected to Deco 3 now?

3. If no devices are connected to Deco 3 in previous step, power off Deco 2:  main => three

Do you see devices connected to Deco 3 now?

4. Install WiFi analyzer app on your smartphone and see how many Deco nodes broadcast WiFi signal. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 522

Replies: 1