Connecting directly to the router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-18 13:55:31 - last edited 2022-07-18 14:03:26
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 20201013 Rel. 151134

I bought a RE605X  and I would like to install it directly plug in the router because I have another extender that boost my vpn signal.  The vpn signal is on a different router so that's been taken care of.  If I connect this device without connecting it directly on my main router my provider's internet, there will be some conflict because both are wireless.

This device is upstairs near my office because this part of the house is like a Faraday cage and all signals have a     of a time going through thus the fact that I've already installed an extender for my vpn and now I'm trying to install this one to boost the main signal.  Downstairs my husband's got 300mbs and upstairs I've got 70 to 75 at the most in my office.

I tried an old D-Link and yesterday it gave me over 400 and both are     signal.  I want to give this device a chance before I return it but it need to be connected directly to the router and I've wired the router through cat5e so it would be connected directly on the device and not interfere with the vpn extender which is wireless.

What steps should I take and try otherwise it's going back and might as well use the old D-Link 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 234

Replies: 0

Related Articles