Deco M5 'losing' bandwidth?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-22 14:36:38
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.6.0 Build 20220525 Rel. 48298

I have a Deco M5 system with 3 Decos connected (in the UK) to a Virgin Media 1Gb Hub 4..

The Virgin Hub is running in Modem mode, with the main Deco running in Router mode.

When i run a speedtest via the Deco app, i get, as expected, close to 1Gbps download speed:

However, i can never get anywhere near that download speed when running speedtests either via Wifi or via a direct wired connection from a NAS to the Main Deco unit. I can basically never achieve >200Mbps.

I have changed the QoS settings to remove any priority devices, and set the Total bandwidth to 1000Mbps upload & download.

Is there any other setting i should be looking at to prevent this 'eating' of bandwidth?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M5 'losing' bandwidth?
2022-07-24 12:26:41

@crod 

As a first step, turn off 2.4GHz in Deco Main Network.

If that did not make the difference, you could try more drastic step. Configure Virgin Hub to run in its default Router mode, configure Main Deco to run in Access Point mode.

If everything is done correctly, your home network properly wired and there is little WiFi interference from other networks, you should expect getting up to 475Mbps on device connected to Main Deco M5 by WiFi.

Also, install speedtest app on that device, don't use www.speedtest.net in a browser. For Internet speeds above 300Mbps they recommend using their app.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 436

Replies: 1

Related Articles