How can I find the IP of a device connected to the LAN port?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-22 23:17:35

I have a NAS installed on the second LAN port of my tp-link Deco M5.  Windows can see the NAS through the Windows Explorer and I can access files.  However I cannot access the NAS directly or remotely unless I can find the IP, which I cannot.  Loggin into the tp-link shows me all the wireless connections but not the NAS which is connected via internet cable. The phone app Deco also will not show me the IP.  It sees the NAS but tells me it is offline even as I am accessing files.  I NEED the NAS IP!  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:How can I find the IP of a device connected to the LAN port?
2022-07-23 13:29:42 - last edited 2022-07-23 13:31:20

@philOWP 

It is possible your NAS is configured with static IP address. That would explain why Deco app can't see NAS as online device. That needs to be fixed to avoid issues in the future. 

------------------

If I were facing the challenge of finding NAS IP address, I would start with NAS documentation. If NAS has LCD screen, it could be possible to get its IP address on that screen. NAS User Manual should explain, how.

If your Windows computer can access NAS, it uses NAS IP address. Google "See the IP Addresses Your Computer is Connected to Without You Knowing" and follow what it says there. 

Also, if you can see NAS name that Windows uses to access it, for example in Windows Explorer, ping that name from Windows command prompt and you'll see IP address behind it.

Options