Help setting up a TL-WPS510U to print from a Mac

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-07-31 09:09:21
Region : Australia

Model : TL-WPS510U

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version : 9.08.55T 0003 (2011/11/15 14:10:14)

ISP :

Have recently purchased a TP-LINK print server so that our Epson TX200 printer can be shared within our wireless network. Got the print server working on the Windows PC's with no problems. Struggling to get the Mac's working.

Latest version Mac everything, latest version Epson Mac utilities loaded.

Have set up the Mac to point to IP address 192.168.0.10, which is the static IP for my print server. The Epson print utility is loaded on my Mac and I've tried setting up the print queue with both Line Printer Deamon (LPD) and HP JetDirect - Socket and both return a Communication Error from the Epson print utility after selecting the correct print driver.

Thought it might be that the Mac's not happy that I've not given it a print queue name, rather used "Leave blank for default queue", but on the TL-WPS510U, I can't see a way of specifying a queue name for the printer.

Any suggestions on how to get the TL-WPS510U working with my Mac?
Options
1 Reply
Re:Help setting up a TL-WPS510U to print from a Mac
2013-08-13 14:04:17
http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=252 At the last part of this instruction shows how to set up the queue name on the MAC computer. Maybe it will help.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1066

Replies: 1