Really slow internet speeds with Archer T2E Wireless-AC600 Duel band PCIe Adapter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Really slow internet speeds with Archer T2E Wireless-AC600 Duel band PCIe Adapter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-30 12:35:41 - last edited 2022-07-30 13:31:02
Tags: #PCIe adapter

I have just got a new PC with TP-LINK T2E PCIe adapter. I have noticed the internet speeds are much slower then what i get on other devices, usually i get 45Mbps down and 16Mbps upload but on this computer using the adapter i have been getting around 2-10 mbps down and 1-2 upload. Both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands have the same problem. I don't really know this is happening and i have been trouble shooting for hours now without finding a solution. 

Any possible solutions would be appreciated...

Edit - i forgot to mention the adapter is facing a wall and is connecting to a modum in a different room, my old pc seemed to connect just fine from the spot it's in.

Edit 2 - Also forgot to mention that windows shows that i have four bars connection strength

Edit 3 - I have also attempted to play online games and while i usually get 50 ping but instead of that i have been getting around 400 ping with this antenna, i managed to get it down to 80 by placing my phone right next to it and hotspoting but even then i usually get around 55-60 from mobile hotspot.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Really slow internet speeds with Archer T2E Wireless-AC600 Duel band PCIe Adapter
2022-10-15 15:00:05

@SageDepiazz 

If would install the latest driver for the adapter and here is link. Download for Archer T2E | TP-Link

I found here guide that offers some suggestion for slow speed with the adapter. 

What should I do if the TP-Link network adapter is not working properly in my computer?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 786

Replies: 1

Tags

PCIe adapter
Related Articles