What to buy for best wifi router range?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-02 04:44:33
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Live in a single-story 2400 sqft home and have been unable to reach my back bedroom with old Linksys and new Synology RT2600ac (loved the software). I've tried using TP-link extenders, but they're unable to handle any 1080p streaming.

I was looking at the Asus RT-AC5300, but $300 for a router....that seems crazy high-priced. I'll never use half the stuff in it...just need something that can handle the distance and has good/stable software (even better if I can throw custom firmware on it and jack up the range if needed).

*Can anyone recommend a router that should be able to handle that distance and still deliver good performance?  

Options
1 Reply
Re:What to buy for best wifi router range?
2022-08-02 09:57:37 - last edited 2022-08-05 14:56:43

@adrianx12 

If you still keep your Synology RT2600ac, you could combine it with Synology MR2200ac (to build a mesh network - see at the bottom of the page for details about the coverage) and extend your wireless coverage.

Other option would be using Archer AX55/AX53 located in the center of your apartment (single device).

If that's not enough, you can combine it (in AP mode) with an existing router to expand your wireless coverage further.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 316

Replies: 1

Related Articles