Network / Gateway (optional) purpose

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-05 22:17:04
Model: Archer C50  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 0.2 v0093.0 Build 200608 Rel.66307n(4555)

Dear all, 

When I go to the browser menue of my TP-link Archer C50 router, point Network/LAN I can configure the IP Adress and Subnet mask which is clear to me. But why should I configure the Gateway (optional)? I guess this should be my router with modem (which is not the C50), but which benefits do I have with that? (Automatic software updates?) Or aren't there any? 

Thank you! 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Network / Gateway (optional) purpose
2022-08-06 12:36:07

@korn4ever 

The purpose of Gateway IP address (optional) is when this device is not your default gateway and its LAN IP address is static.

For example. Lets assume that I have an ISP modem router with LAN IP address 192.168.1.1.

If I add an access point to my local network with static LAN IP address 192.168.1.254, I have to set its Gateway IP address (optional) to 192.168.1.1, so IP packets would know their default gateway.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 164

Replies: 1

Related Articles