AX5400 DHCP problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AX5400 DHCP problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
AX5400 DHCP problem
AX5400 DHCP problem
2022-08-06 13:06:54
Model: Archer AX72  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello!  

Having issues with my router.  Been having problems with certain devices from start basically.   The router is new.  It has been updated though right now I've done a reset to try and see if the issue persisted.

I think this problem has many levels and I might have to come back to describe it.  But basically you can say that some devices does not get the correct IP settings.  Like for example my computer get correct settings and work.  But my IPhone and several other phones does not.  And I'm having a lot of trouble with smaller devices that you cant access settings on unless you have it connected to the network.  Like Google Nest,  and my robot vacuum cleaner.

On my phone I can get it to work properly by manually set the correct settings,  but the later devices has no other interface than apps through the phone etc.  

Anyway,  on my phone I can see that I get correct IP and subnet mask.  But wrong Router and dns if I have it set to automatic.  

So the phones I can fix but the other ones is driving me nuts.  Can anyone figure this one out?  What can I look for to give you more information of whats wrong? 

best regards / awelon  

Options
2 Reply
Re:AX5400 DHCP problem
2022-08-06 13:15:07

Correction the subnet mask was also wrong.  It was set as 255.255.255.0  and is supposed to be 255.255.254.0 

when I go to the routing tab.  There are 3 active static routing. I cannot seem to edit or remove them. Are they supposed to be there? 

Options
Re:AX5400 DHCP problem
2022-08-06 14:00:14

Also this is really weird.  On my Iphone if I use automatic IP I get "connected without internet"  and webb pages n such dont work at all.  But somehow I get messages through on snappchat.   And thats with incorrect settings!  Not sure whats at work there.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 291

Replies: 5

Related Articles