Old router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Old router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Old router
Old router
2022-08-09 02:41:30
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have 3 x20s. One is used as the modem and feeds the lan thru a switch. I connected the other two to the lan and I have no issues with those. I have another lan port that currently is connected to my old wifi router. My wife has an old laptop that cannot connect to the mesh network and this is the only device that uses the old wifi.   I also have an m9 that is not being used. 

Can I connect that lan port to a switch and connect the m9 and backhaul thru the lan and also connect the old router to the switch?  I tried connecting the m9 to the port and then connecting the old router to the m9. As I remember, this had some issues.  Or do I have to configure the old router differently?

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Old router
2022-08-09 07:46:34

@Preyes1 before it gets too complicated, what stops the laptop from connecting to the mesh network?

Options
2022-08-09 07:55:56

@richpriest It's an office laptop that's maybe around 8 years old. I had the same problem with my office laptop.  It just doesn't see the deco wifi. It might need a specific driver update but it's managed by the company's IT.

Options
2022-08-15 03:35:58

@Preyes1 look like my wife's pc has been updated and she can see the mesh network now. This is no longer a pr

Options