Signal range: Single AXE5300 Deco (no satellites) vs AXE75 router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-14 16:47:41

Probably an impossible question to answer, but would using only the "main" router of the Deco AXE5300 (and no extenders) provide similar range (all other things being equal) to a AXE75?

I see the 5300 has 4 internal antennas vs many more in the AXE75, but I really don't know how much that matters.  Basically, if not using mesh (it hasn't worked out for me in my current home, but I like the idea of at least having the other nodes available in case I move or have some other use for them) is the main router of a Deco AXE5300 basically equivalent to going with an AXE75?  I realize there's lots of factors that would make it impossible to give a yes/no answer, so let's assume all things equal: placement, 1Gig plan with compatible modem, etc.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Signal range: Single AXE5300 Deco (no satellites) vs AXE75 router
2022-08-14 22:13:25

I replied to you in another thread about the Mesh network on my AXE5300.

If I have my laptop right next to the Main Deco (1 foot away), Speed Test shows 950Mbps with my Spectrum GB internet.

If I have my laptop connected to the Main Deco (with Mesh Disabled) at my desk at the other side of the house one floor below (Main Deco on 2nd floor), it would be about 40 feet away I think, my speed test shows 500Mbps.

My Mesh system locations:

Main Deco 2nd floor at one side of the house

Hallway Deco right in the middle of the house 1st floor (about 20 feet away from Main Deco)

Office Deco at the other side of the house 1st floor (about 20 feet away from Hallway Deco and 40 feet away from Main Deco).

My laptop connected to Office Deco speed test is 750Mbps.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 370

Replies: 1