Archer series problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer series problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer series problems
Archer series problems
2022-08-15 07:10:52 - last edited 2022-08-15 07:31:24
Model: Archer C6U  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

hello eweryone. I'm new in TP-Link (moved from Asus with Tomato soft, to test Mesh options) and have few problems with little advanced config my network

I have in my network
1x C6 v3.20 (as AP)
2x C6U  v1.00 (as AP)

1x AX20 v3.00 (as main router with DHCP)
2x old ASUS as AP where Mesh is not so important 

1. I can't set deferent HostNames in network settings to identify them

2. I can't set them into Mesh Network even if it is set to AP mode. In specs they all should support that option.
I used routers insted dedicated extenders because of ethernet ports that were not present in extenders and for emergency situations to change roles of devices (egz when main router fails, to change it with other on service time or when cabele between is broken to make separate network til repair connection).

@Support 

will be these aded in future updates?
Additionally I suggest to change lists (egz DHCP client) from paged to just one long table but not with separate scrollbars (just use main scroll from browser). Current views are very uncomfortable and messy. make it as simple as possible.

And question about AP mode. in these mode the WAN port works fully as LAN port or there are some kind of restrictions? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer series problems
2022-08-15 15:07:58 - last edited 2022-08-15 15:10:47

@Marcin098 

TP-link wireless routers don't support OneMesh in AP mode - check the OneMesh FAQ - Q8/A8.

When a device supports dedicated AP mode (Case 1) (which is the case with these particular models) it is desirable to use their WAN port to connect to the main router.

Thus the device will have a proper internet connection itself, which will allow TP-Link Cloud connection (if applicable), checks for FW updates and time settings auto adjustment.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 274

Replies: 1

Related Articles