Saving Network Config (as backup and to upgrade)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-15 11:47:58 - last edited 2022-08-15 15:12:59
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.56

Hi All,

I have tried looking for this.  I have a Deco m9 plus network presently and would like to upgrade to X68 at some point.  Is there a migration tool, or a way to save my m9 config and then upload this to the new X68 network.  I have had this with other brands in the past - I appreciate not all settings would be saved and there can be incompatibilities in upgrading to new technologies but its the personal things like WAN U/P/config, port forwarding rules etc etc that is a pain to set up from new so the ability to "copy" or import these settings (either all of them or selectively).  Maybe there is a workaround by adding new X68 to my existing network and then making it the "main" deco?  This type of upgrade path is really helpful if it's somehow possible.  On some other brands there was an "upgrade" tool, on others I was able to save a config for one type of router, (and then save the same for the new router) and then manually copy across some of the important parameters and restore this to the new router - any kind of work-around is helpful to save starying from new.....

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Saving Network Config (as backup and to upgrade)-Solution
2022-08-15 14:43:15 - last edited 2022-08-15 15:12:59

@lucozadenrg 

This is how it works with Deco: add X68 as Satellite, promote it to Main. See Changing the Main Unit for your Mesh Network

After you've done that, you can delete Deco M9s from your Deco mesh: See Method 1, Reset a Deco unit, in How can I reset or reboot my Deco Whole-Home Wi-Fi System?

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Saving Network Config (as backup and to upgrade)-Solution
2022-08-15 14:43:15 - last edited 2022-08-15 15:12:59

@lucozadenrg 

This is how it works with Deco: add X68 as Satellite, promote it to Main. See Changing the Main Unit for your Mesh Network

After you've done that, you can delete Deco M9s from your Deco mesh: See Method 1, Reset a Deco unit, in How can I reset or reboot my Deco Whole-Home Wi-Fi System?

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Saving Network Config (as backup and to upgrade)
2022-08-15 15:12:37

@Alexandre. thanks a mill - that is what i was thinking - super helpful and a grat work around - sorry I did not find it unaided!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 580

Replies: 2