Deco green light but app says disconnected from other decos

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-19 11:24:35 - last edited 2022-08-19 11:32:55
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.6.0

I'm just setting up my Deco M5 system for the second time. (The first time it worked well for a couple of days and then there was an IP address issue - couldn't get it to work so left it a few days and deleted the network and reset all Deco's)

This time used a different deco as the main deco and it seems to have worked 🤞

But one of the deco's which was previously the main Deco is now showing as Disconnected from other Deco's in the app, but it has a solid green light on it.

I've tried resetting it and going through the add process a few times and did notice that once the app says it's all connected, the blue light stays solid for a minute or so before turning green. Could it be faulty?

I just tried plugging a sonos into it and it doesn't register the device so possibly no internet?

Main Deco is connected to an EE smarthub.

Any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco green light but app says disconnected from other decos
2022-08-19 13:34:13

@Celesteray 

It is possible your previous Main Deco still believes it is part of its own old WiFi mesh. See if resetting it would help. After you reset that Deco, you should be able to add it to your new Deco mesh as a Satellite. You may need to follow both Method 1 and Method 2 from this document: How can I reset or reboot my Deco Whole-Home Wi-Fi System?

Options
2022-08-19 13:37:19

@Celesteray 

If above does not help, find device with Ethernet port (laptop, desktop), connect it by Ethernet cable to "old" Main Deco, open http://192.168.68.1 in browser and see if you can get to Web interface of that Deco and what it tells about itself. 

This should work if you had your "old" Deco mesh running in Router mode. 

Options
2022-08-19 15:40:29 - last edited 2022-08-19 15:41:37

@Alexandre. 

Thanks - I've reset it several times but no change.

I'll see if I have any joy plugging a laptop in.

I don't think devices are connecting wirelessly as the signal from this deco isn't very good compared to the other two ones which are working perfectly.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1484

Replies: 3