TL-WN725N issue - Unable to find adapter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-23 18:39:44 - last edited 2022-08-23 18:44:09
Model: TL-WN725N  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My TL-WN725N cant be recognized. I have used it before and had no problems, it replaced my faulty oem adapter wonderfully. However, after a recent move, when I went to boot up my computer, I had no internet. I have uninstalled the software, disabled my original adapter, and even tried the TL adapter in every available usb port. Also, when I go to the device management tab, the TL adapter does not show up under any listing. I know it is connecting because when inserted, the computer pings to acknowledge a new device inserted into the usb port. When I try to reinstall the adapter/software I get a message saying "Unable to find your adapter. Please make sure you've inserted the adapter and selected the right model.". I am running windows 10 and as I said before, the adapter ran on this computer in the past with no issues.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WN725N issue - Unable to find adapter
2022-08-29 07:42:53

Restart and Check Connections. 
Show Hidden Drivers in Windows 10. 
Remove the Battery From Your Laptop. 
Turn Off Antivirus and VPN. 
Run Network Adapter Troubleshooter. 
Use the Network Reset Tool.
Check Your Power Management Settings. 
Reset Winsock Settings.