Router constantly disconnecting from controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-26 13:10:51
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

@Fae  Why ?????

Options
9 Reply
Re:Router constantly disconnecting from controller
2022-08-29 14:21:58

@Tescophil 

Could be the router rebooting itself? Can you ping the router LAN IP when the issue happen?

Is there any evidence you can see in the log?

I'm also using ER605 but I've never seen this issue

Options
2022-08-29 18:36:07

@Tescophil 

My setup is quite similar to what you have, the core switch is SG2428P and several SG2008P, I sometimes get hartbeat missing on the router, but I also had problems earlier with the router disconnecting because the router rebooted.

I don't know if it's the same but my ER605v2 restarts completely by itself, sometimes it locks up completely so that I have to turn off the power on the router, I know what's causing it but I doubt if tp-link can manage to fix this. with me this happens with heavy traffic IPsec site to site, I use veeam for backup and when several backups start the router reboots or freezes, the solution for me was to use another VPN solution.

but I still get hartbeat missing, I don't know how often it happens but I have noticed it when there is a lot of load on the router.

hartbeat missing is not very far from disconnect so there is something strange about these routers.

Options
2022-08-30 03:08:00

Dear @Tescophil,

Thank you for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link Community!

I noticed that you've reported the Router disconnection issue in this post before, and I've already escalated your case to our support engineer via ticket email TKID220811463 for further investigation. However, it seems that you haven't replied to that support email yet.

Have you ever received that ticket email? For the Router disconnection issue, further troubleshooting will be needed, and our support engineer may need to collect some necessary information to look into the issue. If you want to figure out the issue, please feel free to reply to the ticket email, TP-Link support team will always be glad to help you out.

If somehow you didn't get the ticket email, or you want me to create a new ticket for you, please don't hesitate to let me know.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-09-03 09:31:37

@Fae I was in contact with the support engineers for a different issue a few weeks ago, but have not received anything on this particular ticket...

However..., I upgraded to the latest controller version a few days ago, and so far, so good...

Options
2022-09-03 20:54:18

@Fae Spoke too soon, router is disconnecting again, would appreciate it if you could get the support team to contact me about the ticket you raised.

Options
2022-09-05 01:36:54

Dear @Tescophil,

Tescophil wrote

Spoke too soon, router is disconnecting again, would appreciate it if you could get the support team to contact me about the ticket you raised.

No worries, your case has been re-escalated with ticket ID TKID220811463, there should be a notification email sent to your mailbox, please confirm it's well received.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-09-06 07:31:44

@Fae 

have the same problem, router disconnects from the controller quite often. have to take power on router to get it connected to controller again.

Nice if this thread is updated when there is a solution.

Options
2022-09-06 07:40:00

Dear @Tescophil,

The support engineer has been trying to get in touch with you via email.

Do let me know if you still haven't received the email whose subject contains TKID220811463.

Options
2022-09-16 07:38:03

@Tescophil 

Is there any progress on this issue? my router continues to disconnect, I have now had to install a power switch to be able to take the power remotely on the router. This is the first time I use such a tool on a router. ER605v2 is very unstable it seems.

@Fae 

Will there be an update that fixes some of the instability on the router or is this something we have to live with. 

the routers should be sold with this to restart the router remote https://www.tp-link.com/en/home-networking/smart-plug/tapo-p115/ 

Not funny.!!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 581

Replies: 9