Mix and Match Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Mix and Match Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Mix and Match Deco
Mix and Match Deco
2022-09-08 21:06:48
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

This is a design/In general question.  I just bought an upgrade to my current Deco Mesh network which was a M5.  My questions is does the system benefit from spreading out my old system with my higher speed S4 system. The coverage in my house is great with the 3 that i replaced.. Just didn't know if keeping the M5 would benefit me or not.

Thanks for the help and ideas

Dwayne

Options
1 Reply
Re:Mix and Match Deco
2022-09-08 23:55:46 - last edited 2022-09-08 23:57:19

@Senyawd 

For WiFi mesh, if you have extra nodes you can deploy, it worth to check the following: placement of nodes and WiFi5 coverage.

1. Placement of Deco nodes. In Deco app, for each Satellite Deco you have open Satellite Deco information page and see its signal strength under Signal Source. Example:

If you have Satellite with less than two blue bars in Signal Source, move it closer to Main Deco. If that makes WiFi coverage worse at some places of your house, add M5s you have to improve it.

2. Check if you have good 5GHz coverage everywhere at your house. To do that, turn off 2.4GHz for Deco Main Network:

Now check every place far from Deco nodes, every corner of your house to see if you are getting strong 5GHz signal there. If there are places where 5GHz signal from Deco mesh is weak, add back M5s and place them in a way that will cover these places.

Even if you have to turn back 2.4GHz because there are devices at your house that need it, devices which can use 5GHz will benefit from strong coverage everywhere.

If you are going to use WiFi analyzer app to map WiFi signal strength at your house, here are recommended values:

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 662

Replies: 1

Related Articles