Creating mesh network using 3 routers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-13 16:41:24 - last edited 2022-09-14 01:23:37
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have a problem when using one Archer C6(main router) and two Archer AX23 in a mesh network, I have disabled DHCP and assigned IP addresses to AX23s and left it on the C6 also I have changed the available pool of addresses that C6 could assign and each of the routers is using a different channel(1,6,11), also AX23s are connected to the network using the LAN ports.

Now the problem occurs for some of the connected devices (devices that are used are mainly MacBook)to have a slow connection and jump from one router to another. Is there a better way to set up a network or do you have any advice? Also, I would like to set up a guest network that could use a Bandwidth control but couldn't find a way for these routers.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Creating mesh network using 3 routers
2022-09-13 18:05:26

@meelosh 

These routers (C6, AX23) don't support Bandwidth Control but QoS for controlling the traffic.

This doesn't mean that you have a mesh network, despite that they all of support OneMesh.

You can't have OneMesh built between two or more routers.

If you have C6 as main router you could use the two AX23 in AP mode (Case 1) to avoid the double NAT.

There's another standard EasyMesh, which these routers are planned to be implemented with - details.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 632

Replies: 1