Is there a TPLink Wifi Mesh that supports 300mbps ethernet port?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-18 02:21:54 - last edited 2022-09-18 02:24:55
Tags: #wifi
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I've got the TP Link Deco E4 and it's only giving me 100mpbs when my modem's internet is giving 300mbps. I think this is because the TP LInk's Deco E4's Ethernet port only supports 100mbps. The Ethernet cable I've used to connect the TP Link Deco E4 to my modem is Ethernet Cat 7. Is there any other TP Link WIFI Mesh systems that fully support 300mbps (including the ethernet port)? Thank you!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Is there a TPLink Wifi Mesh that supports 300mbps ethernet port?
2022-09-19 07:47:04

@Curiosity898 

Hi, Deco M4/M5/M9 plus are good choice and considering the budget, maybe you could try Deco M4.

Options
2022-09-19 11:27:11
Thank you Heidi!
Options
2022-09-29 22:25:45

@Curiosity898 

FYI (you may already know this) but you can keep your E4 units and use them as satellite units in your Deco mesh network if you should purchase a new base unit that has a gigabyte Ethernet port/an Ethernet port faster then the E4's 100 MB/s max port. You can buy single 1-piece "1-pack" Deco units on Amazon. I just had this similar experience myself with the Deco W2400 model which is the same thing I believe as the E4 except that originally it was created to be sold exclusively at Walmart however I believe they had a surplus of them on hand and so now it is also now available on Amazon and is a little bit less expensive than the E4 but is the same exact thing. While it's annoying to have to spend even more money I did go ahead and purchase a single Deco M5 unit to use as the base unit in my mesh Network and immediately upon plugging it in and connecting it to the ethernet port right next to the existing base the Deco app was smart enough to recognize it and tell me that I should set it as the base unit as it had higher data transfer speed capabilities and improved features. So now I have a three unit mesh system in my home with my M5 as the base unit and my existing two W2400 units as satellite mesh nodes and it is working well and the data speeds are well above the 100 MB/second that I was initially limited to. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 339

Replies: 3

Tags

wifi
Related Articles