Youtube slow to start videos & Play Store cannot install apps

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-19 16:41:51
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.14 Build 20211118 rel.43110(4555)

Hello,

7 months ago I bought an Archer C6 to get 5Ghz wifi, which my ISP box doesn't have.

Everything works mostly fine, my speedtest is perfect (DL: +880MB - UL:+510MB) but I have some very specific issues since then.

Youtube videos take 10-15s to start playing, once they started everything goes well. Happens both via Wifi and RJ45 connexions.

On my phone, Play Store cannot install any app until I disable the wifi connexion to switch to mobile data.
Also it seems like push notifications on mobile take ages to come (they actually probably do come after short wifi disconnect making it switch to mobile data)

Something strange, youtube videos are terribly slow to start but youtube lives start instantly.

If I connect to my ISP router I have no issue so it really comes from the TP-Link router nor its config.

I've tried to enable QoS as suggested here many times, but as expected it changed nothing.
This really is a network thing issue, not a bandwith one.
Wifi or cabled connexion have the same issues.

I set my main router as a Bridge so it's not really part of the local network anymore and handles all the network logic to the TP-link. It changed nothing either.
The wifi from my main router is disabled (bridge mode let me no choice anyways).
I tried to force the DNS servers to 8.8.8.8, 1.1.1.1 and others just in case, changed nothing.
I tried to upgrade the firmware but it says I have the latest.

If anyone had any hints about what could be the source of these issues i'd greatly appreciate !

Regards,
Durss

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 244

Replies: 0