Deco X73-DSL drops DSL connection & sometimes also wifi under load

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-21 11:03:33
Tags: #Connection Drop
Model: Deco X73-DSL  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 20211231 Rel. 42213

Over the past two weeks, i've noticed when i start downloading something large or stream 4K video the connection WILL eventually drop, this can take minutes to an hour but it definitely will drop, DSL connection will fail and sometimes the WIFI will disconnect too, i've repeated the issue 4 times tonight with ease and have to reboot the router every time.

I've tried to reset the deco and set the connection up again but it still does it, only started happening over the last couple of weeks, was fine up until now (purchased 06/08/22).

Btw i'm only on iiNet FTTN 50 plan.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco X73-DSL drops DSL connection & sometimes also wifi under load
2022-09-21 21:45:57

Hi @DeanJA

I have the X73-DSL and have witnessed a lot of the issues you have stated.

In terms of the events, I notice that the app and router homepage become inaccessible first then devices start dropping off the network, and finally all devices drop and the X73-DSL reboots.

Checking the DSL status page usually shows a huge amount of packet loss also.

I have been discussing this with the senior engineers for months now and although the fixes they have applied have somewhat reduced the reoccurrence it certainly hasn't stopped it.

My advice would be to raise a support request via the Deco app and allow them access to obtain logs etc, in the hope they will find a pattern for the same device in different environments suffering from the same symptoms.

Options
Re:Deco X73-DSL drops DSL connection & sometimes also wifi under load
2022-09-22 01:56:23

Hello  @BenGinders 

Thanks for that, i contacted the live chat last night who have escalated it to the senior engineers, i created this post as result of the deco dropping connection multiple times waiting in chat queue, but i will likely return the deco today for a refund because it's dropping all the time! 

I thought it was when streaming 4k or downloading large files but it does it when there's little to no activity now, practically unusable. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 577

Replies: 2

Tags

Connection Drop
Related Articles