LAN connection issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

LAN connection issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
LAN connection issues
LAN connection issues
2022-09-22 15:25:12
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20220621 rel.71166

I'm trying to install a TP Link AX3000 (AX55) into my home network. 

My set up is Plusnet Hub2 router/modem, connected via ethernet port to WAN port on AX55. I then have four LAN connections around the house which I'm trying to link in via the AX55.

The wireless works fine, as expected speeds. However my wired in connections are not, they are all Cat6 cables.

Eg. Laptop connected into living room WIC, in turn into TP link router. Identifying network appears intermittently in network settings but nothing is established. If I connect my laptop directly into the TP link it works fine. All the lights are showing on the router as they should be. Same result with each of the wired in connections.

The wired in connections are fine, they work as expected if plugged directly into the plusnet modem.

It seems that the extra connection is blocking the wired network somehow. 

I'm using settings recommended by plustnet. The connection type is Dynamic IP.

I have limited knowledge here so it could be something obvious I'm doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:LAN connection issues
2022-09-22 20:48:01 - last edited 2022-09-22 20:50:33

@rachel765 

Try using a short factory made ethernet cable connected directly to your AX55.

If there's no any issues with the ethernet connection, then the reason could be not properly crimped ethernet cables or bad RJ-45 connectors..

Re-crimping the cables (one side first and test, then the other side if needed) should solve that kind of issue.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 394

Replies: 1

Related Articles