Deco M5 Offline - Weak Signal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-23 14:23:52

Hi,

I currently have a mesh system that utilises 5 x M5 Deco's.

4 of them are placed within the house and work fairly good to be fair. The fifth, I have placed out in my garage and the signal is admittabtly weak and will drop more often than not. The Deco its connected to is as close as I can get it to the garage whilst still in the house.

Is it possible to use a powerline (my wiring is all in the same loop) that will work well with the Deco M5 setup and if so, what would you recommend with passthrough plug.

Thanks,

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M5 Offline - Weak Signal
2022-09-23 14:59:03

@alanginn 

It is possible to use powerline adapters, I tested that with my Satellite Deco M5. Not every brand of powerline adapters is compatible with Deco mesh. I would recommend TP-Link brand and those adapters that have single Ethernet port. Avoid those with multiple Ethernet ports per adapter.

I have successfully used M5 with ZyXel powerline adapter set PLA5215. 

Note that in case of successfully establishing link through powerline adapters, Deco M5 will report Ethernet as signal source.

Options
Re:Deco M5 Offline - Weak Signal
2022-09-26 17:08:29

@Alexandre. 

Thanks for your input. I wouldn't even have thought trying to find a powerline unit that was mesh compatible.

@David-TP - can you recommend a TP link powerline that would work with my Deco M5 setup?

Thanks 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 387

Replies: 2

Related Articles