What product model to increase range and replicate my router internet speed?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-26 16:52:02
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Good day, I would like to know which device should I get.

My topology I have a router that my ISP provided. but sadly the wifi range could not reach the other building the distance between my room where the router is to the other building is just 12 meters. 2.4ghz and 5Ghz is not reachable. I want the other building to receive the wifi signal.

My Internet subscription uses a fiber optic cable I want to share my wifi to the other building since they are paying rent in that building and the tenants wanted to have an internet connection too. I also tried getting an Access point which is TPlink EAP225 v3 but the speed was so slow only delivering 50mbps, not 450mbps I used cat7 cable.

More info about my ISP:
My ISP subscription is 450MBPS and the speed I get wired or wireless from the router is 450MBPS or more. The only device that is currently using my internet is a PC and phone and I don't do download or stream I primarily use it by browsing websites and reading and would like to share my internet to the tenants on the other building.

Distance from the router to the 2nd building:
12-18 meters

Router ISP wifi range:
10 meters

ISP subscription speed:
450mbps download upload 450mbps

Type of internet:
Fiber optic cable

What I want to achieve:
To have a powerful wifi range that can provide a wifi speed via wireless up to 450mbps download and upload that can replicate my router ISP speed.
Outdoor and give a lot of wireless range and more wireless devices that can connect. It has a features of an Access point or a repeater that has a wide range of wifi 5Ghz.|

Topology From ISP router wired via Ethernet cable directly to TPLINK product that gives wide range of wifi and replicating my internet speed and more clients to connect possible uses 5ghz.

I also live in a community where people live and rent apartments or rooms.

I was also thinking about your models such as CPE or CFE but not really sure if that product is compatible to fiber optic routers that is wired to via cable. I want the widest range and a feature of AP or Repeater features.  I'm also thinking about a budget that don't really cost a fortune that is suitable to my home and the other building which is tenants renting the room.  

Options
4 Reply
Re:What product model to increase range and replicate my router internet speed?
2022-09-26 23:54:22

@Creazent 

Hey

The CPE range is for REALLY long distances, 12-15meters is far too short.   Yes they will work with Fibre (anything will really) but they are overkill for what you need.   A better solution may be the MESH option available and that can work with your EAP225 you have.

In short MESH allows you to connect 2x APs wirelessly to repeat the signal, basically a more advanced version of those "mesh" systems you see advertised.  The advantage of Omada, its Outdoors...

Thinking out loud here..   you may need an OC200 Controller and EAP225-Outdoors

From your ISP router, run a cable through the wall to an EAP225-Outdoors mounted on the outside facing where your other building is..   get it setup as a normal AP controlled by the OC200...   Power on the EAP225 (one you have already) and mount it inside the other building as close to the facing wall as possible.. on the controller enable MESH and adopt the AP..  in theory this should work over that distance..

If $$ is available.   Buy 2x EAP225-outdoor and mount them on the walls outside facing eachother.  That would give you best signal

Link below for more info

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2949/

Options
2022-09-27 07:40:23

@Creazent 

EAP225 should be able to handle 300-400Mbps wireless speed. You can try to disable 2.4Ghz and only use 5Ghz to test

Options
2022-09-27 08:15:43 - last edited 2022-10-13 10:11:12

EDIT

Options
2022-09-27 11:57:26 - last edited 2022-09-27 12:06:59

@Creazent The CPE, in my case CPE710, are designed for long range applications, but they were the exact thing I needed in my situation. The mesh option just would not provide the speed I needed or the speed I desired for my RV Park guests. Having the CPE710s connected in client mode to a centrally located EAP225, wired to the parks modem / router was the ticket.  I actually have 3 CPE710 aimed directly at the central AP and connected in client mode.  Two are for remote RV Park locations with 3 cameras and one EAP225 each like the diagram pictured. The third is on my camper connected to my router.  The parks internet is rated 300Mbps down and 30 up. I get 321 / 31 due to my CPE link.  Using my phone and connecting to the remote AP locations in the park, I get the same within a certain radius and of course it drops off the farther I get from that AP.  Removing the CPE710s from the loop, and using the EAP225s in Mesh, yielded a very poor fraction of that result.

NOTE: I had trouble with getting the CPE710 to connect to the EAP225 initially, but thanks to the great help from certain people in this forum, it turned out to be a simple channel selection fix and it works great. d1ba191f0840406a85a3808adb9b220d

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 371

Replies: 4

Related Articles