FTP Problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

FTP Problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
FTP Problems
FTP Problems
2022-09-28 12:22:53
Tags: #FTP
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.6.0

Goodmorning all! 

I have a problem with FTP connections using my Deco M5 network.

After 10 seconds (or less...) of files transfer, the connection close and my ftp software tells me "Connection not available. ETIMEDOUT.." 

My Decos work in Router mode, and are connected to a Technicolor router (of my internet provider) where WiFi and all other resources are deactived with DMZ to the Main Deco.

If i switch, and connect my Macbook to the LAN directly on the router Techicolor, the FTP restart working without problems... Of course, if I come back to the network created by Deco, it does not work anymore... 

Same thing using different devices (PC or Macbook), or using Wifi or LAN.. 

How can i investigate to try to fix the error? Is a little bit frustrating...

Thanks! Matteo

Options
2 Reply
Re:FTP Problems
2022-09-28 14:13:59

@MatteoArlo 

Would you consider switching Deco mesh to Access Point mode? That should eliminate this issue. How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

If you take that route, remove Main Deco from DMZ and treat it just like any regular device connected to your home network by Ethernet cable.

Options
Re:FTP Problems
2022-09-28 14:20:28 - last edited 2022-09-28 14:21:33

Thans @Alexandre. ! ..but all features like QoS,  Connection alarm, Antivirus, and device isolation will be lost...

I know that using the Access Point mode will fix it.. I'm not searching for a workaround, i have already created a "bypass" wi-fi directly on first router, so when i need to work with FTP i change the network.. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 646

Replies: 2

Tags

FTP
Related Articles